Wednesday, October 6, 2010

M.I.A. in MIA

So, you may have noticed that I haven't blogged much in the past week or participated in any linky parties. The reason for this is because I've actually been on...

VACATION!!!

Yes, the Heela and I decided to celebrate our 5-year wedding anniversary with a real vacation - away from kids!! So we headed down to Miami Beach for 3 nights and, let me tell you, it was a-mazing! I love the ocean. I grew up on the North Shore of Long Island and was within 15 minutes of the beach. I miss it. Terribly. So it was sweet spoils to be able to dip my toes in this...


We stayed at the amazing Eden Roc Hotel. I was able to call in some favors and use some 'perks' to get us a corner suite on the top floor, facing the ocean - complete with balcony. Only $134 per night, baby! (real cost is in the $500-600 range). See those big windows and balconies to the left of the following picture? The right half of the top floor was our room! It was GORgeous!!


The Ocean Tower of the amazing Eden Roc Hotel

View from the living area

View off the balcony of the 4 pools


Me and the Heela enjoying a beer in the ocean :)


Loved the colors of these teeny tiny little flowers!!

We watched the sun rise from our balcony

Needless to say, we had a FABulous time!! It was hard to leave. Heela asked if we could just send for the kids to come down and join us, but I figured the hotel probably wouldn't let us squat for too long. LOL

But now it is back to reality. And let me tell you, sitting in a sweater in my cubicle is SOOOOO not as good as sitting by the pool in my swimsuit. Harumphf!


Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and enjoy visiting your blogs in return!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...