Saturday, October 23, 2010

Halloween Specimen Art (Shortcut style)

I've seen quite a few bloggers out there recently doing "specimen art". Such as this (at Tatertots and Jello) and this (at Embellishing Life). LOVE them!! I really wanted to try my own but haven't had a chance (the Heela's been traveling AND working on the weekends this month so things have been pretty crazy around here, to say the least!). But when I spotted these stickers at Michaels the other day... I knew I could take a shortcut! :) 

It's hard to tell in this picture, but the images are on raised discs so they have some dimension.

And the bonus? They were half price! Score!

So while the girls were napping today, I got out some scrapbook paper and found an unused frame and put it all together. I left the glass in the frame but put the paper on top of it so the stickers would be uncovered and you could really "experience" the dimension of them. It isn't "real" specimen art, but it'll do!

Not too bad for a 5-minute project
To be honest, I had intended on having more red show around the border, but I misjudged how much wouldn't be seen because of the way the frame worked. Oh well!

It's on the mantle and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. 

Easy Peasy! And fast! AND cheap!! :)


(In case you are a new visitor,  
Here are links to my other forrays into specimen art if you're curious:




I'm linking this project up to the following parties (also see buttons in "Linky Parties" tab above):

Entertain Exchange

UndertheTableandDreaming
I was featured! Thanks Stephanie!!




Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. What a great short cut, great idea. Visiting from www.lifeisaparty.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is right up my alley! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, this shortcut is so clever and you piece looks so modern. It is amazing what you can find in terms of scrapbooking and give it a whole new look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyra - This is such a neat take on the specimen art! How the easy use of stickers - looks fantastic. I'll be featuring this today - stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase - I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heck!!!
    I love it!!!
    I would love it if you linked it up to my Halloween party!
    http://paperissues.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project!!! I love Martha Stewart's Halloween line. And I have to confess, I have last years round embellished stickers but never saw these...I think I am too late though! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. saw this at paper issues. totally classic. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, yes, that is AWESOME! Perfectly modern!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and enjoy visiting your blogs in return!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...