Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween Decor

I haven't shared my "Halloween Decor" with you yet because... well... it isn't all that fancy - especially compared to most of you amazing bloggers out there. But, what the heck, I'll show you what little I've got. I wish it was more, but I honestly don't know if I'll get the chance to accomplish anything else at this point so now is as good a time as any to show it to you!

This is the front door. I showed you this project HERE. (I now wish I had cut the strips of fabric a little bit shorter because I feel like they are too droopy since they are so long. Oh well, next time! Live and learn!)

Too droopy but it'll have to do.


When you walk past the Dining Room you'll see this on the table (as discussed HERE) (with a few new additions from the Dollar Tree)

Spooky Skulls, Skeletons and Spiders!

In the kitchen you will see our pantry doors decorated with rather pathetic simple cutouts and SweetPea's constuction paper pumpkin.

Small Pantry Door
Big Pantry Door
The "Witch Is In" sign is from the Dollar Tree. I have to say it is actually pretty cute for only $1! I believe it is made from chipboard so it has some durability to it.

Bubble Bubble, Toil and Trouble!


In between our two pantry doors (they're actually on separate walls) is our retro-style phone that the Heela gave to me as a birthday gift last year - love it! Anyway, I added a cute orange ribbon to the handle and love the little punch of festive color it adds!

Who ya gonna call? Ghostbusters!


On the hutch, is the cute yellow bowl I bought for only $1 at the Habitat for Humanity Restore Store (mentioned in my post HERE). I filled it with some candy corn and adorned it with a few more homemade decorations courtesy of SweetPea and Boogey (all made at some festival they went to with the grandparents while we were in Miami). I should have gotten a better pic of the ghosts in the bowl, but they are lollipops, with a paper napkin tied on with some festive string - so simple!

Boo!

Over the kitchen table I hung this awesome "Happy Halloween" sign which I got last year at Target's after-Halloween sale for 75% off. I remember I had it in my cart as I was walking around looking at other things and this woman comes up to me, points at the sign and asks "Do you really want that?". In my head, I was thinking "UM yes, moron, why else would I have put it in my cart??". But instead I just said "Yes, sorry! *smile* " and I walked away. HA! I mean, it wasn't like she was offering me $50 for it or something. In fact, she didn't offer me anything. I guess she figured it didn't hurt to ask, but still... I remember being surprised by her inquiry. Anyway, it's mine (hee hee) and it hangs in our kitchen. :)



And then you move into the living room/TV room/Den (we've lived here for 2 years and still haven't settled on a name for it yet, but it is where we spend all our time) and all the Halloween Decor is confined to the fireplace/mantle. Here is the distance view. To be honest, I didn't even take any of my regular decorations off the mantle - just left it all "as is" and added a few ~Halloweenie~ things.

Fireplace


This witch isn't really my style (a little too country), but one of the Heela's aunts gave it to us last year (actually, she gave us 2!) and the girls like it, so I put it out. She's posing with a few of those fake pumpkins you can find at Michaels which I have had for yeeeeeaaaarrrrs.

Cackle!

On the right side of the mantle is a silver glitter skull and a black crow (both from Dollar Tree) accompanied by the ~awesome~ subway art I won from Andi at Jane of All Crafts (see my post HERE). I also added a cute Frankenstein bust which I picked up for $1 at Michaels (half price sale!)
Love my Subway Art! So do Frank, Mr. Crow and Mr. Skull!

On the left side of the mantle, I have another skull and a plaster gravestone (both from the Dollar Tree). I originally wanted to paint them both, but I just haven't had the time. The plan was to invert the colors on the skull and make it black with white eyes and mouth. And I was thinking of painting the gravestone white and distressing it with some glaze or something. But, I don't see it happening this year. Oh well. (I've since added my Mock Specimen Art to this side of the mantle)

Spooky! (um, not really. lol)

So that is it. Not really much compared to most of you bloggers out there. But it is something, right??

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. My favorite is the "homemade" pumpkin in the middle on your pantry door :) I also love the wreath! Stop on by and peek at our Halloween decorations! cookscleansplayswithpaper.blogspot.com
    btw- your blog title reminds me of Max ans Ruby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOVE your retro phone!!!! ♥

    send me your address and what numbers you'd like on a couple wine bags- I'll send em your way. ;)
    simplegirl72@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your decorations are adorable! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for joining my link party and stop by again for a fun necklace giveaway! Have a great week!
    alittleknickknack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and enjoy visiting your blogs in return!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...